WhoisXML API Upgrades its Typosquatting Data Feed Offering
We are excited to announce that we recently upgraded our Typosquatting Data Feed. This innovative release provides improved typosquatting detection and extended coverage to further empower the identification of suspicious domain registrations.
The specific improvements and changes made to this version of Typosquatting Data Feed include:
- Increased coverage: The data feed now has a broader domain coverage as it now contains country-code top-level domains (ccTLDs).
- Improved similarity detection: The data feed is powered by a more robust algorithm that is more sensitive to a broader set of domain similarities.
- New data production schedule: Daily files are now generated the next day for high accuracy and better coverage.
This new version of the Typosquatting Data Feed will further enable a variety of use cases, including:
- Cybercrime detection and protection: Cybersecurity specialists and teams can use the data feed to track and filter domain names registered in bulk as part of their phishing, spam, and malware prevention tactics.
- Security solution enrichment: Typosquatting Data Feed can be integrated into security information and event management (SIEM); security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR); and threat intelligence platforms to give them the capability to detect typosquatting domains.
- Brand protection: Companies can use the data feed to analyze the usage of their brand or company names in bulk-registered domains and detect any misuse or abuse.
The data feed continues to be available in Basic, Enriched, and Community data formats with daily, weekly, and monthly updates downloadable as CSV files.